Friday, November 6, 2015

Two Years of Nutritional Balancing

Two years ago I was in very bad shape. These were my symptoms:

Severe anxiety, depression, panic attacks, insomnia, muscle twitching, blurred vision, kidney pains, digestive problems, yellow stool, intolerance to cold, slow injury healing, brain fog, frequent urination, weakness, fatigue spells, irregular heartbeat, heart palpitations.

After two years on my nutritional balancing program, these are my current symptoms:

Fatigue, tinnitus (ringing in ears), heart palpitations, mild anxiety, occasional detox headaches.

I was 127 lbs but now am a healthier 145. As you can see, I've greatly improved. But how did I get here? Well, I'm writing a book about the whole experience, but I'll tell you about my program here. Even with all those symptoms I listed, doctors could find nothing wrong with me and ascribed it all to psychological problems. I had to take medication to sleep; I was in fight-or-flight almost 24 hours a day. I feel like God led me to Nikki, who put me on a nutritional balancing program.


The program involves diet, supplements, and lifestyle changes. I started going to bed by 10 pm, which was unheard of for me. I ate breakfast as soon as I got up to keep my blood sugar stable.

The diet is defined by what you do eat: lots of cooked vegetables, small portions of organic meat, and some grains. It's also defined by what you do not eat: wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, soy, and some others. All meals should be natural, no chemicals or additives -- so this means I cooked every meal myself. I had to plan extra time in my day to cook and wash dishes.  The only thing you drink on this diet is spring water with an occasional mild tea like chamomile. (Full diet plan is here.)

At first I was in bed around 12 hours a day, the meds got me about 7 hours of sleep (I was taking three different powerful meds (a total of seven pills) to sleep, Ambien by itself was not enough.) Every day I tried to do my usual morning yoga stretches because they help my back and stomach. Some days I could not.

I started doing near infrared sauna -- I set up my shower stall with some heat lamps and did 20 minute sessions 4 times a week. I also try to meditate while I'm in the sauna for extra health benefits. Saunas are good for your heart, detox your body, improve sleep, kill infections, and increase circulation. There's virtually no negative side effects of sauna (unless you have specific pre-existing conditions.)

The only exercise I could do at first was light walking; if I ran I would see spots.

Every day I took supplements: Omega-3, zinc, calcium, magnesium, a specially formulated multi-vitamin with B vitamins and iodine, digestive enzymes, kelp, and a few others.

The vegetables and supplements can cause detoxes, which I would have several times a week at first.

I started doing Qi Gong again; last time I had fatigue it helped. This is a Chinese art similar to Tai Chi that focuses on health and healing. I call Qi Gong my "triple power up" because I do it outside in the sunlight with my shirt off and in bare feet (sorry neighbors.) I get some healthy sunlight this way and also contact with the earth. (This book on Earthing is very fascinating and convinced me to try it.)

I cut everything stressful out of my life -- I turned off Facebook chat and even quit for a while. I kept only friends who were supportive. Stress is very rough on a compromised body.

A special "grounding sheet" goes on my bed, as a study showed that being grounded lowers your levels of cortisol (which cause insomnia.) This study listed by the National Institute of Health is here. You actually plug the sheet into your ground outlet on your wall.

After about 5 months the horrific anxiety went away (and was replaced by normal human-level anxiety) After about a year my digestion was stable and my sleep greatly improved; I was able to cut down on the medications. For most of that first year I did not like being alive, I merely survived because there was no other option.

I do coffee enemas three times a week now, though at first I couldn't handle them. I hate coffee and don't drink it -- my friend asked why I have it and I explained that it was my "butt coffee." (Coffee enema benefits.)

I have added a chlorine filter to my shower, I cook with "zero water" (a type of filtered.) (Here's a slightly alarmist article on showers and chlorine.)

Sometimes I have carrot or wheatgrass juice. I mix the latter with psyllium husk to get some extra fiber.

I sleep around 10.5 hours a day now and still often have to rest during the day. But as you can see lots of very troubling symptoms are now completely gone.

I never thought I would drink only water, eat no sugar or bread, and go to bed by a decent hour (it's midnight these days.) I thought earthing and Qi Gong were for hippies or quacks. I have learned so much about our bodies, the adrenal glands, hormones, thyroid, nutrition, diet -- more than I ever thought. I've learned our bodies are very strongly tied to the earth and nature. I decided to get my own diploma in nutritional balancing so I could help others. The changes I have made to my life are going to be permanent; I plan to get healthier every year and eventually defeat this fatigue. I can feel it coming. I have faith that God will bring me out of this, but I realize that without this difficulty I would not have learned how to live a healthy life. I hope that I will be able to share this knowledge and help others to do so as well.

Please check this blog for other articles about specific health issues and ways to improve health!






No comments:

Post a Comment